Sunday, April 18, 2010

3-2-1

Three things that I learned during the study of this chapter were:
1) I learned about the meaningless yet intriguing art work of the Dada Movement.
2) I learned that Einstein won the Nobel Prize in 1921 due to his contributions to science like the Theory of Relativity.
3) Another thing I learned about this time period was that the reason the stock market was so prosperous before the crash was that people actually didn't have money invested into the stock. The money was all borrowed so the stock had no value.

Two things that I found interesting about this chapter were:
1) Mussolini marched on Rome with 30,000 fascists and gained power legally without a major uprising.
2)Another thing I found interesting was that Vice President Dawes won the Nobel Peace for his reports from Germany and the Dawes plan that gave money to Germany to pay war debts.

One question that I still have is; I wonder if countries like Italy and Germany no what they're getting themselves into when they allow dictators like Hitler and Mussolini come to power. They lead their countries into even worse economic times than where they started.

No comments:

Post a Comment